|Description ||"Sonnenstand" eight compositions for the Zurich Baroque Orchestra at unusual concert venues, objects and electronics.|
Haydn's symphonies Opus 6-8 with the titles Le Matin, Le Midi, Le Soir describe the natural experience of the times of day in musical images. The ZBO commissions the Zurich composer Lara Stanic to compose a piece that can be understood as a commentary on the three symphonies. Stanic's works are known for their performative and humorous character. The unusual venues enhance the sensual experience of place, time and sound.
Under the title "Sonnenstand", commissioned by the Zurich Baroque Orchestra, I am developing a series of eight compositions for orchestral musicians, at unusual concert venues, objects and electronics.
For this series of compositions I am inspired by the moods of different times of the day; morning, midday and evening. At the same time I refer to the setting of the orchestra and the three symphonies "The Times of Day" Opus 6-8 by Joseph Haydn.
- Birds, cadenza for concertmasters with sensor violin bows and electronics
- Kafi1, for concertmasters with sensor violin bows and bialetti coffee machine
- Kafi2, for a concertmaster and coffee
- Cicadas, for orchestra musicians with cicada synthesizer via smartphones
- Sonnestand, for orchestra musicians with hand mirrors, sensors, electronic sounds
Wind, for wind instruments, sampler and propeller
- NachtProlog, for orchestra and tape
- Storm, for orchestra musicians with different microphones, smartphones, flash light, propeller, synthesizer